It’s been a long time since I started the rework of my nixie bargraph clock. Probably about a year, but I can finally sit back and say it’s finished. I plan to make a few, one to repair the original instructable clock and this one which I mounted on a piece oak.
The numbers have been laser etched with the tubes held by copped pipe straps. The board is mounted on the front with a protective acrylic screen. Exposed PCBs aren’t to everyone’s taste but they are mine. There’s a little RGB LED which indicates which mode the clock is in: set time, calibrate hours tube, calibrate minutes tube. Knowing that the tubes have a limited life span I added some code so they turn off between 1am and 6am. All pretty straight forward stuff. Now it hangs on the wall looking ace.
The new boards arrived yesterday, so last night and this evening I populated a board and programmed it. Worked first time, sigh. The old board has been running continuously for over a month and hasn’t lost a minute. So looks like it’s time to finish up the firmware and make some clocks!
The new boards have arrived and it looks like we have a winner. Now time to write some firmware….